CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

She is Dancing in Heaven

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
A couple of weeks ago, my best friend lost her precious baby girl.  Victoria Grace "Torie" was 1 year and 7 months old.  She was beautiful and special to so many.  I posted after her 1st Birthday here.

If you go back to the day she was born, it was a whirlwind.  I waited anxiously for her to call me after the c-section and let me know just how precious her little girl was.  You see, I had a meeting that  morning and I couldn't be at the hospital.  So instead I sat with my phone next to me waiting and waiting for that call or even a picture of sweet baby Torie.

Instead hours went by and I heard nothing.  I of course became very concerned and thought maybe they were just enjoying their time together and she would eventually let me know all is well.

Unfortunately, the call I got was that she was being flown immediately to St Louis as she was seizing upon birth.  Throughout my friends pregnancy, nothing was noted as a problem.  No signs of defects.  Just a perfect little girl growing on schedule.

They spent countless days in St Louis.  I feared she would never be discharged to come home.  My heart was breaking for them.  You see, I may be a strong person but children, they have my heart.  I can't bear the thought of a child in pain or danger.  I would venture to say that I may be a little extreme with the amount of sadness that comes over me when it comes to sick children.

Nonetheless, Torie was there for many, many months.  You see, she puzzled the doctors.  There were no certain answers they could give my friends.  It seemed to be a mystery.  She seen the best of the best from St Louis to Memphis and they just never could come to a diagnosis.  She did get to come home and although she was still in and out of the hospitals, she made progress which continued to stump the doctors.  Everything it seemed that they would say she would never be able to do, she did.  One thing that stands out to me is that they said she wouldn't smile and let me tell you, Torie smiled.  She smiled a smile I will never forget.

As for my friends, they were so amazing in Torie's short life.  I can't even begin to tell you the amount of strength and belief in the Lord they have.  I pray I never have to experience such a loss but as I have told Torie's Mommy, if I do, I hope I can be as strong as her.

I just wanted to take a moment to remember Torie.  I continue to pray for her family and miss her sweet face so much but in time, we will see her again.  As they said at her funeral, Torie is healthy and dancing in Heaven.  I can see her doing so now. 

Life is short, love your babies and everyone around you.  I know I do!

No comments: