CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 1, 2010

May the circus come to an end PLEASE!

You know I am not extremely up on politics but I do work in them so I have developed quite the opinion about them.  I vote, I do not declare, nor will I ever!  I believe in voting for the person.  I don't give a hoot if you like elephants, donkeys or whatever kind of animal you desire to be.  What I do care about is honesty or at least an attempt at honesty and for someone to truly care about doing something for the people.  Not for their friends, family, etc.  That is a soap box I should not get on!

In my job, we are directly effected by politics.  As a matter of fact, my boss is up for election this year but is fortunately running unopposed and one of the commissioners I work directly with is up also.  As you may imagine stress levels soar around here and the closer it gets, the worse it is.  The fact is this, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.  By that I mean, if people criticizing you and gossiping (for the lack of a better word) about you publicly is something you cannot handle, then DO NOT RUN FOR A PUBLIC OFFICE!!!  I cannot tell you how annoying I find it for a public official to walk around complaining that that everyone is talking about them or no one likes them.  REALLY???  I wonder why that is....could you have possibly crapped in your own nest? 

I am sure that being a public official as I have experienced here, is no cup of tea on most days.  It is hard and I am sure there is a lot of behind the scenes pressure from the higher ups to get certain things done but the fact of the matter is this, if you do what you believe is right and know you can go to sleep at night, then so be it.  Sometimes you have to put yourself first because ultimately, you are the one that has to live with yourself everyday for the rest of your life, not those putting the pressure on you. 

So I pray tomorrow goes smoothly because it is a very long day for us that work on Election Day.  I think everyone should take the time and see how hard the County Clerk's office works to put on an election.  It is simply amazing.  You should also thank your Election Judges that work your polling places.  They don't get paid nearly enough to handle what they have to handle on that day. 

Lastly, get out and vote!  If you don't vote, don't b**ch.  Just my opinion!

No comments: