CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

3/30 Things: Parents




 
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
 
Well this should be fairly easy.  As I mentioned before, I lost my father long ago.  Our relationship was that of any father/daughter combo.  I loved him dearly and I was the apple of his eye.  I miss him more than any words could ever express.  He was  not perfect, but no one is but he was my Daddy and that cannot be changed.
 
As for my mother, as I mentioned previously, she left her 4 children behind to pursue a better life.  I say that very much so with sarcasim.  She has ALWAYS for as long as I can remember chosen drugs, alcohol, men, sex, etc over her children.  I cannot even begin to make you understand how this woman has affected our lives. 
 
So in a nutshell, I have always longed for a parental relationship.  I am the person who gets extremely frustrated with those that complain about  their parents.  Especially those that are "spoiled" so to speak.  I have often been known to say you need to watch what you say because you will and I mean you WILL regret it when they are gone.  Believe me, you don't know what it is like to be without those 2 people that are suppose to be there for you no matter what.  I have had many of instances that I could have all but begged God to make things right with my parents and let me experience the relationships every child should have. 
 
Now you see why I pour myself into my children 200%.  I can't imagine ever doing what my mother did.  So in that aspect, she did make things better for my boys.  I know how to love them unconditionally and I want them to feel loved.  I think that much I can do!
 
UP NEXT......4/30 Things.....List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
 
 

No comments: